The demand for standalone access controls continues to grow, as end-users seek low cost, high tech locking solutions for where wiring and power sources are not readily available. Programmable PIN-based electronic access provides the flexibility to change a code and deny access in moments without the delay and expense of rekeying.
Locksmiths who are out of their comfort zone with electronics are migrating to access control by starting to offer standalone solutions such as the Codelock 5210 and NetLock from Codelocks. These products offer the benefits of electronics, and the optional convenience of audit trails and remote management, using USB and Internet.
Codelocks is an innovative designer and manufacturer of electronic and mechanical pushbutton locks for doors, cabinets and lockers. Whether controlling access to certain areas or safeguarding confidential or dangerous materials, the locks offer users a convenient standalone solution without the need of issuing keys or cards. The locks are stylish, easy to install and are supplied with everything required to complete the installation: instructions, templates and components.
Codelocks’ digital locks do not require complex wiring, ID cards or external power. Every product is shipped with everything in the box to complete the installation – parts, instructions, templates – everything except the tools.
Codelocks was founded in 1990, has over 100 employees in its headquarters in Newbury, Berkshire UK and satellite offices in Asia and America. Codelocks products are available through a worldwide network of distributors or directly through the Codelocks website.
Codelocks manufactures its products to the ISO9001:2000 quality standard and offers every mechanical lock with a limited lifetime guarantee. If the lock develops a manufacturing fault, it will be repaired, serviced or replaced free of charge.
The CL5000 range are heavy duty electronic pushbutton locks with full size lever handles for use in high traffic applications. The stylish, contemporary design incorporates all the features of the CL2000 and CL4000 ranges, in a larger, more robust assembly.
Unlike the other electronic locks, the CL5000 range has a conventional three by four-button keypad which most users will be instantly familiar.
Electronic functionality provides major benefits over mechanical locks, such as multiple user Codes and on-door programming. Locks are fully programmable on the door via the keypad with a multiple range of functions.
- Allows up to 80 User Codes 4, 5 or 6 digits long
- On door programming via Master (programming) Codes
- Allows up to 10 One-Time User Codes to be entered
- Locked / unlocked LED indicator option
- PVD weather resistant, low maintenance finish
- Over 200,000 operations from 4 x AA cells (supplied)
- Tamper time out and low battery warning
- Connections for remote release by reception desk button, and alarm release included
- Code Free entry mechanically by key or electronically from the keypad
- Front change cylinder
- Can be supplied with Master Key Option - Contact Codelocks
- Grade 2 ANSI - A156.2 / A156.25
- UL / ULC Fire Rating 3 hours (when fitted with fire kit)
The CL5210 is a heavy duty electronic tubular mortise latch, available in Brushed Steel or Polished Brass PVD finishes.
- External doors - low / medium / high traffic
- Internal doors - low / medium / high traffic
- Mortise Latch
- Lever handle lock for doors hung on the left or right
- Use in offices / schools / warehouses / hospitals / care homes / nurseries / hotels / leisure facilities / the home
- Also available as Back to Back (CL5210BB) – Provides coded access in both directions
The outside lever turns freely without operating the latchbolt. When a valid code is entered and the blue LED lights, the lever will retract the latchbolt. When the door closes, the spring latch will automatically lock the door. The key will open the door for management functions. The key may be used to set the lock into Code Free mode so that anyone can open the door without using a code. Code Free Mode can also be programmed at the keypad using the Master Code.
The lock can store up to 80 different User Codes, four, five or six digits long. Programming is via the keypad, using the Master Code.
The lock has fitted as standard two alarm release terminals.
- REM1 is used to open the lock from a reception desk button or answer phone.
- REM2 can be linked to an alarm system which, when activated by a momentary contact, will release the door for 30 minutes. This allows emergency personnel to enter the room to rapidly check that no one has been overlooked.
The CL5000 Electronic Lock with Audit Trail Function, Model CL5000AT, has all the features of the standard CL5000 but with the added facility to easily control and monitor door access. Download and review the door activity data using a USB memory stick and analyze the data on your computer.
With Data Management software, it is possible to export and save audit data for Excel, change Master Code, Sub-Master Code and Lock Functions and add and manage User Codes.
KL1000 Cabinet Locks
KL1000 pushbutton cabinet locks are a quick retrofit for keyed cam locks supplied as standard on a wide range of lockers, cabinets and cupboards. It can just as easily be fitted to units which don’t have a locking device already fitted, giving the user immediate, simple, keypad access without the hassle of keys.
- 10-button keypad
- 4-digit User Codes
- 8-digit Master and Sub-Master Codes
- Multiple User Code mode
- One-Time User Code mode (locker mode)
- 15,000 openings on 2 x AAA cells (supplied)
- Battery failure override (touch a 9v battery across the LEDs (+/-) and enter the Master Code)
- Easy to install, all parts / fixings / template included
- Quick retrofit for cam locks
- Fit to units that do not have an existing lock
- Easy programming and code change
- Available as vertical model (standard) / horizontal Right Hand (RH)/ horizontal Left Hand (LH)
- IP54 rated when used with the door gasket – available as a separate part
The KL1000 is the new version of the Codelocks CL1000 cabinet lock.
The KitLock KL1000 locker lock is a quick retrofit for keyed cam locks supplied as standard on a wide range of lockers, cabinets and cupboards. It can just as easily be fitted to units which don’t have a locking device already fitted, giving the user immediate, simple, keypad access without the hassle of keys.
It is designed for cabinets, lockers, medical carts, gun boxes and safes, for use in offices, schools, warehouses, hospitals, care homes, nurseries, hotels, leisure facilities and the
The locks are available in one finish: Silver Grey.
The KL1000 Cabinet Lock vertical model is standard. Horizontal Right Hand and Left Hand models (handed by looking at the keypad side of the door – right hand hinge / hung = KL1000 RH) are options. These two models were developed due to a lack of height, sometimes found when fitting the CL1000 in the vertical position, for example, internal post boxes.
The KL1000 has a simple 10-button keypad and a # button which is used when programming. When closed, the # button is covered by the lever.
The KL1000 has three program levels: Master Code, Sub-Master Code and User Code.
Repeated Use: This is the default function and is already pre-programmed in new locks. It is the most common functions and is used where the same code will be repeatedly used.
Single Use (Locker Mode): The user enters a single use code which will lock and then open the lock once only and be erased. This function is used for short term, multi occupancy applications. The lock will remain open until the next single use code is entered.
The KL1000 is IP54 rated when used with the rubber gasket, available as a separate part.
The KL1000 Cabinet Locks is supplied as standard with two cams, but will accept the majority of other cam variations that will fit onto the KL1000’s 8mm square spindle. The lock is supplied with all the necessary fixings, template and operating instructions to fit the lock to the cabinet, locker or cupboard.
For more information, contact your local locksmith distributor or visit www.codelocks.us.