SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – Yale Home, a leader in smart home security, has added two new products to its best-selling smart lock collection: Yale Assure Lock® 2 Touch and Yale Assure Lock® 2 Plus. These products feature the brand’s first fingerprint smart lock, as well as its first smart lock to support Apple home keys.
Providing even more ways to go keyless, the Assure Lock 2 Touch smart lock includes a built-in fingerprint reader, with the ability to register up to 20 different fingerprints. Users simply place their finger on the Yale logo to lock and unlock the door, adding to the many other ways to access the home — from using the touchscreen, the Yale Access app, asking a voice assistant, leveraging Auto-Lock and Auto-Unlock, or sticking with a traditional key as a backup (with keyed models). With more ways to lock and unlock than ever before, users can keep their homes secure on their terms.
Another first for the brand, Assure Lock 2 Plus supports Apple home keys, allowing users to simply tap to unlock the door using a compatible iPhone or Apple Watch for easy and secure access to their home. All other users that share the Apple Home app will have a home key added to their Wallet as well. Home keys can still be used on iPhone for hours after it needs to be charged with power reserve, and on Apple Watch with Low Power Mode. **
“We take pride in Yale’s legacy of offering high-quality security products that our customers have trusted for more than 183 years – and these new smart locks are no exception,” said Garrett Lovejoy, Vice President of Product, Yale and August U.S. “With these additions to our best-selling Assure Lock 2 collection, we are delivering products that simplify access for the everyday household – whether through our new fingerprint-powered smart lock or our first-ever device that supports Apple home keys. With more ways to access and protect your home, you can come and go with peace of mind.”
Both the Assure Lock 2 Touch and Assure Lock 2 Plus promise the same advanced convenience, security and design features as the core Assure Lock 2 collection, including:
● Simple guest access sharing and 24/7 control and visibility in the Yale Access app
● Sleek, elegant and compact design that blends seamlessly into any home aesthetic
● Bluetooth® and Apple HomeKit 3 built into each model
● Option to add a Yale Wi-Fi Smart Module for additional benefits, such as remote locking and unlocking, granting guest access from anywhere, and voice assistant control via third-party integrations with top smart home platforms including Amazon Alexa, Google Home™ and Apple Home 4
● Both smart locks are available for purchase today in the U.S. at ShopYaleHome.com, Amazon and Best Buy. Assure Lock 2 Plus is also coming to the Apple Store later this year.
● Assure Lock 2 Touch is available in a keyed or key-free touchscreen model in three timeless finishes: black suede, oil-rubbed bronze and satin nickel.
● Assure Lock 2 Plus is available in a key-free touchscreen model in black suede and satin nickel, with oil-rubbed bronze coming soon.
● Yale Wi-Fi Smart Modules are also available to purchase as a standalone add-on.