AUSTIN, Texas – HID and Olea Kiosks, a provider of self-service kiosk solutions, announced a new collaborative engagement that revolutionizes the user experience when it comes to access control and user authentication across a range of applications.
WHAT: Industries from healthcare, hospitality and retail to banking, government, transportation and beyond are primed to empower people with unsurpassed levels of security and user convenience when it comes to countless check-in and access scenarios.
The HID U.ARE.U Camera Identification System – featuring remarkable facial recognition technology (FRT) – can now be incorporated into the Olea HYPERMODULAR Kiosk to address the rising demand for flexible, customizable ID authentication and verification across various vertical settings.
Facial recognition technology continues to gain traction based on its unique combination of high security and user convenience. Paired with the extremely flexible Olea kiosk, HID’s AI-powered U.ARE.U Camera Identification System is an ideal solution for applications needing to handle high throughput. HID FRT is:
- Fast and Accurate: On-the-spot verification authenticates and validates an individual’s identity in seconds, reducing wait time in line.
- Easy to Use: One look is all that’s required to securely capture a facial image for frictionless identity verification.
- Secure: Biometric traits provide irrefutable proof of identity and presence to prevent fraud.
- Convenient: One’s face is now their ID card, pin and password, so there’s nothing to carry, forget, lose or have stolen.
- No Human Intervention: This seamless technology requires no dedicated staff to check IDs.
- Contactless and Hygienic: Facial recognition offers a touchless way to authenticate individuals' identities, minimizing exposure to health risks by reducing shared touchpoints.