- March 3 at Medeco headquarters, Salem, VA.
For more information and registration information, visit www.medeco.com and click on Technical Training/Support.
ADI Expos 2011
ADI expanded its training initiatives, adding a variety of new courses in IP, residential and commercial A/V, intrusion and more.
ADI’s training is available at branches across North America. ADI is teaming up with industry associations and vendors to provide security professions with training courses to match all skill levels. The program includes Expo seminars, IP Electronic Systems Networking Technicians (ESNT) Certification Training, AXIS Communications IP training courses, CEDIA Business Operations Makeover, CEDIA Electronic Systems Technician Workshop, CEDIA Lead-Based Paint Removal Training, Electronic Security Association (ESA) training classes through the National Training School (NTS) including Level 1 Certification, Burglar Alarm, Fire Alarm, CCTV, Access Control & Troubleshooting, NICET Fire Alarm Training and FireLite Systems Training courses.
In addition, ADI will offer online training courses including the IP 101 Webinar for Technicians, Fiber Optic System Planning Webinar, Webinar Training for IP Tools & Testing, and residential and commercial A/V webinars.
2011 ADI Expos:
- March 3, Ft. Lauderdale, FL; March 8, Toronto, Canada; March 10, St. Louis, MO
- April 14, Regina, Canada; April 19, Nashville; April 21, Phoenix; April 26, Cleveland, OH; April 28, Baltimore
- May 3, New Orleans; May 5, Seattle; May 10, Calgary, Canada; May 12, Richmond, VA; May 12, Edmondton, Canada; May 17, Denver; May 24, Detroit
- June 1, Chicago; June 7, Columbus, OH; June 9, Halifax, Canada; June 21, Memphis; June 22, Winnipeg, Canada; June 28, Albuquerque, NM
- July 14, San Juan, PR; July 21, Cincinnati; July 28, Raleigh, NC
- Aug. 11, Washington DC; Aug. 23, Piladelphia; Aug. 25, Houston; Aug. 30, Tampa, FL
- Sept. 14, Fort Myers, FL
- Oct. 6, Ottawa, Canada; Oct. 13, Santa Clara, CA; Oct. 20, Atlanta; Oct. 27, Louisville, KY
- Nov. 10, Boston; Nov. 15, Dallas; Nov. 17, Long Island, NY; Dec. 1, Montreal, Canada
For more information about ADI, visit http://www.adiglobal.com.
Secura Key RK65K Product Training Tutorial
Secura Key is offering a PowerPoint Product Training Tutorial for its popular RK65K Standalone Access Control Unit. It is available on the Secura Key website, www.securakey.com by clicking on Support, then Training/Tutorials.
The RK65K is one of the industry’s most popular standalone proximity readers, controlling up to 65,000 cards and programmed with a passive hand-held programmer.
The PowerPoint tutorial includes information on installation, operating and troubleshooting the RK65K, and includes product features, wiring and mounting instructions, configuration and programming procedures, and information on how to connect the unit to an access control panel, using its Wiegand output connection.
Secura Key continues to add to its online training program. According to Secura Key’s Technical Training Manager, Jeff Hamilton, “This is a low-cost alternative to for dealers who don’t have the time or resources to send technicians to California for factory training. It also allows technicians in the field with Internet access to get installation and troubleshooting tips on demand.”
The RK65K product training will also be offered periodically as a live interactive webinar conducted by Jeff Hamilton (check the Secura Key website for scheduling and registration information). Secura Key is also able to offer one-on-one training sessions for individuals or small groups by special request.
Secura Key products are available through major distributors of security, access control, locking hardware and gate control equipment.
Lockmasters Security Institute Early 2011 Classes
Lockmasters Security Institute has released posted its 2011 Course Schedule online at www.lSIeducation.com. Pre-registration is required and fees vary. LSI is located at 1014 South Main St., Nicholasville, KY 40356. Telephone: 859-887-9633 or 866-574-8724. Detailed course descriptions are available online.