Join Us On Facebook
Like Locksmith Ledger on Facebook to take part in a variety of serious and lighthearted discussions and to receive our Friday Fun Fact each week, including these recent Fun Facts:
- Walter Schlage, the founder of Schlage, patented a door lock that turned lights on and off in 1909.
- From 1830 to 1873, over 100 U.S. patents were granted for door knobs.
- The NFPA was formed in 1896 by a group of insurance firms with the purpose of standardizing the new and burgeoning market of fire sprinkler systems.
- The Door and Hardware Institute (DHI) is the only professional association dedicated to the Architectural Openings Industry.
- Other names for safe include strongbox and coffer.
- Wooden doors & handles first appeared around 5,000 years ago, as evidenced by paintings in the tombs of wealthy Egyptians.
- In India, during the reign of Emperor of Annam, valuables were sealed in blocks of wood & placed on islands protected by crocodiles.
We also post interesting articles, notices about upcoming events and classes and links to our magazine covers and articles of interest, including our Top 50 articles from 2013.
Questions? Try Our Online Forums
Got a challenging question about a recent installation? Our online discussion forums might just have the answer you need. Following are two recent forum questions, along with answers from editor-in-chief Gale Johnson.
Post your questions at http://forums.locksmithledger.com/ and see if your colleagues or our editors have an answer. Forum topics include Ask An Expert (moderated by editor in chief Gale Johnson), General Locksmithing, Electronic Access Control, Safe Servicing and Automotive Locksmithing.
Subscribe To ENewsletters
Want monthly updates delivered right into your Inbox? Subscribe to Locksmith Ledger’s four monthly enewsletters.
- Our issue promo enewsletter gives readers an online preview of each new issue.
- ProductWatch showcases the newest products being marketed to locksmiths.
- EventWatch notifies are readers of upcoming trade shows and educational opportunities.
- Notes from the Editor is a timely, interesting monthly report from Editor-In-Chief Gale Johnson.
Just visit www.locksmithledger.com and type in your email address, and soon these monthly updates will arrive in your Inbox.
Send Your Letters
The editors of Locksmith Ledger welcome reader input. Share your comments and suggestions on any of our articles or general industry trends and topics.
Our mailing address is Ziptide, Locksmith Ledger, 3030 Salt Creek Lane, Suite 200, Arlington Heights, IL 60005. Letters can also be faxed to 866-827-8020 or E-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.