Medeco® Maxum deadbolts exceed Grade 1 ANSI/BHMA A156.36 standard for auxilary locks. Solid brass, free turning collar and 1/4 inch diameter mounting bolts resist wrenching, prying and hammering attacks. One-inch throw hardened steel bolt resists sawing and crowbar attacks. Hardened steel...
To access the remainder of this piece of premium content, you must be registered with Locksmith Ledger. Already have an account? Login
Register in seconds by connecting with your preferred Social Network.
Complete the registration form.
Maxum deadbolts are available in different keyway programs, including those where the lock is keyed by the distributor if a dealer doesn’t have the pin kits and key machine to service the Maxum. Medeco holds classes at distributor and association events across North America.
What marketing tools are available to help locksmiths sell Medeco to their customers?
Medeco does have brochures and display mounts available to demonstrate the features of a Maxum deadbolt, but has found the most effective tool to be the technicians making a recommendation to someone needing a deadbolt. The homeowner or business owner obviously has concerns about security or they would not be contacting a security professional. The professionals that make a recommendation for a deadbolt with strength against physical attack as well as protection against unauthorized duplication of keys can’t go wrong by recommending Maxum and improving the security.
Maxum deadbolt features include:
- Solid brass collar spins under pressure to prevent wrench attacks
- Large thumbturn provides ease of use by physically challenged individuals
- Steel shroud over bolt protects against “ice pick” type attacks
- High security strike plate has a special box design with 2-inch screws that anchor the strike directly to the building structure behind the frame, preventing “kick-in” type attacks
- Hardened steel bolt and bolt throwing mechanism are surrounded by a heavy-gauge tubular steel housing for maximum resistance to crowbar attacks
- Solid brass design is secured with high-tensile steel mounting bolts for maximum resistance against hammer and prying attacks
- Utility patented key control (for cylinders that incorporate the Medeco3 design) provides protection against the unauthorized duplication of keys
- A special elevating and rotating pin tumbler design, along with false slots on the bottom pins, mushroom top pins and a sidebar mechanism, work together, to provide superior pick resistance
- Angled cuts on the keys, along with fore and aft positioning, in the Medeco3 design, provide added dimensions that dramatically increase key combinations and enables Medeco® to produce some of the largest master key systems in the industry
- Hardened steel inserts, positioned in critical areas of the cylinder, provide a high degree of drill resistance
Medeco3 Logic merges the flexibility of electronics with reliable mechanical technology - all in a retrofit cylinder. Medeco3 Logic offers end users audit trail, user access schedules and the ability to quickly add or remove a key electronically from a system. Keys are electronically programmed to open only specific locks during a designated schedule. Schedules may also contain an expiration point to completely disable the key until it is audited and reprogrammed.
Medeco3 Logic installs with no wiring in a matter of minutes and digital keys and digital cylinders reprogram for instant changes.
Medeco3 Logic software contains tools that will help you manage your security more efficiently. Flexible programming, scheduled access and full audit reports are offered with the convenience of standalone or web-based software.
Lock / Cylinder Features include:
- 1,000 groups per cylinder/1,000 keys per group
- Audit cylinder up to 750 audit records
- Encrypted communications
- Available in all common cylinder formats including KIK/KIL, large format interchangeable core, padlocks and deadbolts
- Installs into standard hardware with no wiring or other modifications
- Reprogrammed with ease to use software and administration key
- Mechanically compatible with Medeco3 and Medeco3 BiLevel
- Weather resistant
Key Features include:
- Audit key up to 1,000 audit records provides information unavailable in a mechanical system
- Self-cleaning electronic contact point for a long lasting key and reliable connection
- Powered by an easily replaceable CR2025 Battery with 20,000 cycle battery life.
- Available with RFID/PROX coil insert for dual use with HID compatible systems.
- Rated for -20 degrees to 122 degrees Fahrenheit (cylinder and key)
- Visible and audible status feedback
- Compact, water resistant housing