BEA’s 10GL1200R front-mounted and 10 GL1200SR side-mounted electromagnetic locks offer a conduit connection and 1200lb. holding force suitable for applications such as gates. BEA also offers a wide selection of brackets, making the lock suitable for many situations. The bond sensor and internal relock delay mean there are fewer additional parts to buy.
- Certifications: NemA 4 UL / ULC Listed
- Dimensions: (LxHxD) 8.75” x 2.5” x 1.625”
- Input Voltage/Current: 12 or 24 VDC : 500 mA @ 12 VDC; 250 mA @ 24 VDC
- Contact rating: 0.250 A @ 12 V; 0.125 A @ 24 V
- Cable: 24 AWg7 conductor; 3.5 ft
- Spec housing material: Stainless steel
Receivers / Transmitters
For radio controls, I wanted the gate to be locked at all times and a radio control would be required to actuate the gate for normal entry and exits. An auxiliary control station would also be supplied so the gate system could be operated manually.
We wanted one radio control to be on a time zone, so the homeowner could control when that particular transmitter would function. An additional challenge: although line voltage was available to both gate posts, there were no interconnecting low voltage wiring, and the driveway was concrete so trenching would be difficult.
I designed a system using all wireless receivers and transmitters and a timer module. This was way less trouble than excavating the site.
BEA’s RF433 digital receiver and transmitters guarantee you reliable and efficient operation in multiple applications. Features include:
- Operates with a unique rolling code each time the switch is activated
- Multiple applications (i.e. Vestibule) with Delay or No Delay programming
- 100 transmitters can be programmed into a single receiver
- Removal of a single transmitter code
- Up to 4 separate wireless Receivers can be activated by a single transmitter (i.e. 4-button FOB)
- Red LED indicator confirms transmission and battery life
- 3-Volt or 9-Volt Battery Power
BEA 433MHz Series transmitters and receivers are ideal for the wireless activation and/or sequencing of automatic doors. A unique rolling code is transmitted each time the transmitter is activated (thus providing a secure signal).
Since receivers can be individually programmed, multiple receivers can be programmed differently, thus allowing for sequencing in multiple applications.
Those receivers programmed with NO DELAY will activate immediately upon receiving the transmitter signal. Those receivers programmed with a DELAY will activate at the end of their pre-determined time delay set by the potentiometer.
The use of multiple receivers will allow for the uninterrupted pace or hands-free operations through a pair of doors upon initial activation.
433 Technical Specifications:
- Operating Temperature: 14ºF TO 131ºF (-10ºC TO 55ºC)
- Max No. of Programmed Units Per Receiver: 100 transmitters
- LEDs Receiver Learn: RED
- Relay Activation: BLUE
- Frequency: 433 MHz
- Emitted Radio Power: -28.7 dBm (TX)
- Power Consumption: 3mA (TX) 30mA (RX)
- Input Voltage: 12 to 24 VAC/DC (RX)
- Contact Rating: 1.0 A @ 30 VDC
- 0.5 A @ 125 VAC
- 0.3 A @ 60 VDC
- Transmitter: 2 3/4” X 1 3/8” X 9/16” (70mm x 35mm x 14mm)
- Receiver: 2 3/4” x 2 1/8” x 1” (70mm x 55mm x 25mm)
- Certifications: FCC, IC, CE
For more information on BEA products, visit www.beasensors.com.
An event timer was used to control the single wireless fob which would be provided to individuals to whom it was not desired to grant 24-hour access. I wanted a timer with a friendly user interface so the homeowner could deal with normal operation and possible programming.
The ALTRONIX DPT724A is a versatile 24-hour, 365-day event timer designed to support a wide range of applications: Home and Building Automation, Security, Access Control, Lighting Control, Etc. The PT724A is equipped with an independently controlled form “C” relay contact that provides many latching and/or momentary operations during a program schedule of your choice. Events may be set for single or multiple operations on a daily and/or weekly schedule.
Input: 12 to 24 volts AC or DC operation
Relay: Form “C” relay contacts are rated 10 amp @120VAC/28VDC.
Securitron has several gate locking solutions which can be used to design the locking solution for your next gate security application.