Electronic access control often requires that power for a lock be connected from the door frame over to the moving door which up until now required that a wire of some type run between the two. Two issues are associated with wired power transfers; that the device will possibly be subject to vandalism, and the wire which will have to move or flex every time the door moves, will eventually wear out.
An additional issue often encountered with wired power transfers is that they are necessarily installed on the hinge side of the door, but electrified hardware such as an electrified lever set is on the latch side of the door, and this requires drilling a raceway for the wire or getting the power from the transfer device to the locking device. In the case of labeled doors (Fire Doors) this can pose a problem, especially for a retrofit, where modifications to the fire door assembly are highly restricted.
Securitron has solved this problem with its new PowerJump™ wireless power transfer device. The PowerJump ICPT ports power contactlessly and invisibly across the door gap to run electrified hardware on the door. With flexible installation placement on the latch side, hinge side or top of the door, it transfers power without pins or wires, eliminating points of vulnerability and wear … and no need to core drill the door.
- Flexible mounting: can be installed on hinge side, latch side or top of frame
- Dual Voltage output 12VDC or 24VDC field selectable
- Two wire connections on frame and door.
- Continuous or intermittent duty for fail secure devices
- Use with electrified locks, latches or other door hardware requiring up to 6 watts (0.5A @12VDC) of power
- Adhesive backed templates for accurate installation
- Endurance: 2,000,000 cycles
- Operating Temperature: -40 to +120F [-40 to +49C]
The device is UL10C Listed and ANSI/SDI-BHMA A250.13 (+/- 150 psi) Windstorm Listed.
Sparrow Motion Detector
Multi-tasking is become a part of our lives, and so it makes sense that we also use products which are designed for multiple applications. The BEA Sparrow is a motion detector suited for either door control or security applications. It is part of the BEA family of products which can be programmed/adjusted wirelessly, and engineered to deliver the promised functionality. Their microwave technology sensors are actually more stable and reliable than other manufacturers’ PIR products, and I have never had to pull a BEA sensor because it failed its mission.
The Sparrow is designed for security and access control environments. It is ideal for any application utilizing motion detection and request to exit. Its adjustable microwave antenna and 180-degree mounting provides flexibility in configuring the detection zone.
Applications include any microwave motion detection application where security and access control is desired.
- Positioning: -180º to +180º in reference with the mounting central axis
- Maximum mounting height of 20 ft
- Parameter adjustment via BEA’s universal remote control
- Can be utilized for both interior and exterior environments (IP64 enclosure)
For more information on the products listed in this article, contact your local locksmith distributor or the following manufacturers:
This self-contained unit is attractive, discreet, easy to install, and is less a target for vandals than a separate camera and enclosure would present.