Automotive locksmithing is constantly growing, requiring the latest tools, knowledge and servicing methods for new vehicles. It requires a significant effort by locksmiths who are taking the time to learn and purchase new equipment, locks and keys in order to service the vehicle owning customers.
When you read about the new aftermarket keys, remotes, fobs, software and tools, a significant amount of effort has been made to develop ways that locksmiths can now service the previously unserviceable vehicles.
New HATA Key Blanks
HATA has introduced a number of new remote head key blanks and fobs for Ford, Infiniti, Kia, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Toyota. Previously, the remote head key blanks and fobs were only available from the dealer. They include:
- HAT-7986: Ford Fusion 2013 4 Button Flip Key Laser Cut (L,UL,T,P)
- HAT-3790: Ford Focus 2013 Pushbutton Start Fob (L,UL,T,RS,P)
- HAT-5332: Infiniti Jx35 4 Button Fob and E-Key (L,UL,LG,P)
- HAT-5335: Infiniti Jx35 5 B Fob and E-Key W/Remote Start (L,UL,LG,RS,P)
- HAT-2100: Kia Optima Pushbutton Start Fob and E-Key
- HAT-3700: Kia Sportage 3 Button Laser Flip Key 2012-2013
- HAT-1675: Mazda 3 2013 Push Button Start Fob and E-Key
- HAT-7477: Mitsubishi Lancer 2013 4 Button Remote Head Key (L,UL,T,P)
- HAT-2533: Nissan Altima 2013 4 Button Prox & E-Key (L,UL,T,P)
- HAT-2535: Nissan Altima 2013 5 Button Prox & E-Key (L,UL,T,RS,P)
- HAT-5334: Nissan Pathfinder 2013 Prox & E-Key (L,UL,P)
- HAT-1148: Subaru Outlander 3 Button Remote Head Key
- HAT-7316: Subaru Outlander 3 Button Fob and E-Key F/Pushbutton Start
- HAT-9710: Subaru Legacy Sedan 2012-Up 4 Button Remote Head Key
- HAT-6420: Toyota Camry 2012 4-Button Remote Head “G” (L,UL,T,P)
- HAT-2620: Toyota Corolla 2011-Up Remote Head Key
- HAT-2860: Toyota Yaris 3 Button Remote Head Key
Ilco Goes “Less Battery”
Kaba Ilco Corp. has introduced the EH3LB “less battery” clonable head for their modular cloning program. The EH3LB replaces two of the current modular key heads, EH3 (Texas Instruments Fixed and Encrypted) and EH3P (Philips Crypto).
More than 20 blades are available for the EH3, EH3P and the EH3LB head. The Ilco Disassembly Tool will remove the EH3LB heads. The EH3 and the EH3P heads will continue to be available.
In order to clone automotive keys using the new EH3LB heads, a free software update is required for the RW4 Plus, Ilco EZ Clone Plus, or *Plus Box with software version 03.03.061 or higher.
For more information, contact your local locksmith distributor or Kaba Ilco Corp., www.kaba-ilco.com.
Advanced Diagnostics Software
Advanced Diagnostics has four new software releases for the T-Code Pro and MVP-Pro programming devices. The new software is for specific 2013 Dodge, 2013 Honda/Acura, 2012 Hyundai/Kia and 2013 Nissan/Infiniti models, as listed below.
ADS195 will program Dodge 2013 proximity/Fobik key & remotes or the new 2013, Dodge Dart and Ram vehicles with proximity and Fobik keys. Remote programming is supported when programmed during the key programming sequence. Although the new vehicles may look very similar to previous Chrysler and Dodge vehicles, the software needed to program Dodge Dart and Ram keys is totally new. For the ADS195 to work, you will need ADS113, AD156 and AD-173 software. Note: Ram proximity will require a virgin proximity key.
ADS193 software will program proximity keys for the Honda Accord 2013 proximity, Acura ILX 2013 proximity, Acura RDX 2013 proximity, Acura RL 2005 - 2012 proximity, Acura TLl 2009 - 2012 proximity and the Acura ZDX 2010 - 2012 proximity.
ADS196 software will program proximity and basic keys for the bladed keys for the Kia Rio 2012 onwards and proximity keys for Hyundai Elantra 2011 onwards, Hyundai Santa Fe 2012 onwards and the Hyundai Veloster 2012 onwards. Pin codes can be obtained via the online AD Pin Code Service, dealership or NASTF.