CLARK’s suite of services helps locksmiths run an effective business:
- Strategic partnerships with industry-leading manufacturers
- Best-in-class customer service support
- One of the largest inventories of access control solutions and door locking hardware
- Timely delivery to meet your schedule
- The expertise to help you address all of your security needs
- Industry-leading educational offerings
- Online ordering and payment options
- Flexible financial solutions to improve cash flow
- Specialized services to navigate advanced electronic security solutions, including our CLARK Systems Desk
DOYLE SECURITY: Our training and technical assistance is second to none and is offered monthly at Doyle University classes leading up to the educational weekend and trade show the third week every September. We offer Online Ordering 24/7 which provides customers with live inventory quantities and current pricing. The site shows detailed pictures and is ‘smart phone’ friendly to aid locksmiths in the field.
What qualities does your company have which helps to set your company apart from the competition?
CLARK SECURITY: CLARK is committed to our partners, from customers to suppliers to employees. We promote education and offer resources that enable our partners to adapt to new demands and take advantage of growth opportunities. We continuously invest in innovative solutions that increase the ease of doing business with CLARK. We believe that our success relies on building collaboration between our stakeholders. Together, we can meet the diverse and ever-changing needs of physical security, make the world safer by protecting people and their property, and advance the collective growth of the industry.
DOYLE SECURITY: We currently have four outside and eight inside sales people dedicated to serving customers. The inside sales staff’s experience is truly the benchmark of the industry. Most of them are near 10 years in the industry with two of them having over 30 years and even one with over 55 years’ experience! Our 98 percent fill rate on stocked items lets customers rely on us for fast same day delivery. The sales staff takes pride in finding special order product for unique applications that are not readily available and get them into the customer’s hands quickly.
Is your company a full-line distributor of any product lines? If so, can you mention the product lines you fully stock?
CLARK SECURITY: CLARK stocks over 200 suppliers to support a wide variety of product needs.
DOYLE SECURITY: Our product lines number a total of 108 which include the full families of ASSA ABLOY, Ingersoll Rand, along with Kaba Ilco, Kaba Access, Kaba Mas, Amsec, CompX, Strattec, Alarm Lock., and Master Lock along with many others.
Safe Sales Way Up At Turn 10 Wholesale
Safe sales have increased by as much as 30 to 50 percent for many of our safe dealers in January & February 2013. This is a hot growing business niche, spurred by impending gun control laws and recent shootings and related TV news coverage.
Guns and ammo continue to sell at record levels. Gun safes are in high demand to protect more guns, ammo, and valuables at home.
So how can locksmith position themselves to sell more safes locally and make more money? Here are some tips from Turn 10’s Andrew Miller.
- First, only display and sell quality safes. Don’t try to compete against the Big Box Stores. You will never beat them on price. Instead, display and sell higher quality safes than these mass market retailers.
- Second, choose a Quality Safe Manufacturer that helps support you and excludes sales via the Big Box stores.
- Third, People will buy Quality vs. Price on certain products. I like the phrase that one of my former Safe Reps hit me with years ago. “Safes are like parachutes. When you need one, you don’t want it to be cheap quality.” It is a great store banner I offer to safe dealers to promote quality.