Installing two cables to the DVR
Qvis camera power supply
Qvis DVR, part of Installer Emergency Kit
Attaching hard drive.
Most locksmiths are always on the lookout for new products and better prices, so we can bring better value to our customers and remain competitive in an economic environment which could be described as challenging. Qvis Labs is one such new video surveillance product manufacturer and research and development center for security products.
In this continually evolving sector, technology is of the utmost importance and Qvis prides itself on being on the cutting edge of the continually evolving video surveillance sector. By obtaining products directly from their website, the locksmith can benefit from dealer direct pricing, and an impressive selection of technology. This selection allows the locksmith to bring value to the customer with products which best meet their requirements and price point.
Qvis products include:
- Analog DVRs
- Hybrid DVRs
- IP NVRs
- Analog Cameras
- IP Cameras
- Test Equipment
- Storage Arrays
Products are classified Consumer, Professional and Enterprise class, and QVIS has products that range from simple four-channel DVRs up to RAID 10 arrays. If you are new to video, they offer startup kits, and email newsletters with weekly specials.
Installer Emergency Kit
“We currently have two packages, including the Installer Emergency Kit for $199. It is designed so that the installer has a back up of everything he needs on an install,” explains account representative Krystal Hightower.
The Installer Emergency Kit has the following items:
- 1 500-foot roll of RG59n cable
- 1 Zeus Lite four-channel DVR with no hard drive
- 2 EYE-600-FW-N Fixed lens 600 TVL domes
- 1 Four-way power supply
- 2 sets of baluns (power and video)
- 25 Female DC connectors
- 25 -Male DC connectors
- 50 BNCs
“It is everything you need to do an install. All of our DVR manuals and the remote viewing software is available for download from our website,” Ms. Hightower added.
First-Time Customer Package
Qvis also offers a first-time customer package of the same DVR and one of the same cameras for $69.
“It is for customers to try out and has a 30-day money back guarantee. We occasionally do bundle promos of a DVR and the same number of cameras for a special price, but we do not have one of those currently,” says Ms. Hightower .
I got my Installer Emergency Kit, and ordered a WD-AV hard drive from Newegg, website www.newegg.com.
WD AV drives are a good choice for always-on 24/7 AV applications. They are designed for media center, media server, surveillance, digital signage and other AV systems requiring perfect audio and video, low heat, low power and long-term reliability.
Installing the hard drive was easy, and the DVR and its Graphical User Interface (GUI) were right in line with other products in this class I’ve reviewed and installed. If you are new to video and are feeling unsteady about handling the equipment and programming, either the Installer Emergency Kit or the First Time Customer Package would be a good starting point to gain familiarity with DVRS, cameras, remote viewing, etc.
QVIS ZEUS Lite 4 Channel DVR features include:
- Four-channel video inputs and four Simultaneous playback
- Four-channel full D1 real-time recording (4 Ch Only)
- Up to four cameras with SXGA(1280x1024) display
- Smart video detection: MD, camera blank, video loss
- Multi-languages & Plug-and-play external network access
- Mobile control and monitoring features via Smart phones
- H.264 dual-stream video compression & VGA / TV synchronous video output
- Pentaplex function giving live recording, playback, backup & remote access
- Supports IE and client, remote parameter setting, download video data
- Support 1 SATA HDD
QVIS EYE-600-FW-N CAMERA features include:
- Auto White Balance
- Armored Housing
- 3-Axis Gimble
- Dual ring design (No IR reflection)
- Screw base, simple install
- Day and Night
- Privacy Masking
- IR Cut filter
- Pick-up Device: Integrated CMOS Sensor
- Effective : NTSC: 510x492
- Effective Pixels: PAL: 500x582
- Resolution: 600TVL
- Min.illumination: 0Lux (IR on)
- Sync system: Internal
- S/N Ratio: More than 48dB
- Electronic Shutter: Auto (NTSC: 1/60 ~ 1/100,000sec,
- PAL: 1/50 ~ 1/100,000sec)
- Lens: 3.6mm M12 lens / 2.8mm lens optional
- IR Distance: 20~25m
- White Balance: Auto
- AGC: Auto
- Day&Night: Auto
- Gamma: 0.45
- Video Output: 1.0Vp-p Composite Video Output, 75 Ohm
- Power Consumption (Max): 100mA, 250mA (IR ON)
For more information, visit www.qvislabs.com.