Secura Key: Wiegand Card Supplier
Chatsworth, CA - Secura Key has been and continues to be a reliable and trusted manufacturing resource for many types of access control cards. Now, Secura Key is the only resource for Wiegand Cards to the industry.
Secura Key also manufactures multi-technology Wiegand cards, such as Wiegand + Contactless, for those who would like to transition to a newer card technology. Multi-technology transition cards allow the end-user to keep using their system, while replacing the Wiegand swipe readers at their own pace. Secura Key’s e*Tag® readers output SIA standard Wiegand data, and can easily replace existing Wiegand Swipe readers, using the existing field wiring.
Secura Key manufactures Wiegand + MIFARE, and Wiegand + DESFire dual-technology cards, as well as special MIFARE and DESFire compatible e*Tag® readers. Secura Key has already provided these Transition Cards and readers for a major multi-national transportation company. Secura Key can manufacture Wiegand cards in virtually any format, if the technical specification for the format is provided.
Secura Key also offers custom card printing capability, with the latest digital 4-color printing technology from Hewlett Packard. Secura Key offers Wiegand Cards in matte or glossy (graphics quality) finish, with available features such as magnetic stripe, slot punching, laser engraving and ink jetting.
Originally well known for its Barium Ferrite TouchCard™ products, Secura Key now provides software-based systems with proximity technology, and also supplies HF contactless smart card readers and credentials to the RFID industry, as well as UHF cards and keytags. Secura Key also offers in-house custom card manufacturing and 4-color printing in a wide variety of card technologies. More Info: http://www.securakey.com.
HID Global's Top Secure Identity Trends of 2013
HID Global has released its projections for the top secure identity trends of 2013. The predictions span a broad range of market segments including physical access control, logical access control, and mobile access control using NFC-enabled smartphones. Other market segments covered in the company’s projections include visitor management, secure credential issuance, and RFID tagging for traditional asset tracking applications as well as new uses, such as product and document certification and authentication.
“As a company that provides the industry’s broadest range of secure identity products, solutions and services, HID Global offers a unique perspective on the factors driving key industry developments and the adoption of new technologies,” said Selva Selvaratnam, senior vice president and chief technology officer with HID Global. “We believe that 2013 will be a watershed year for the secure identity industry, due to important advances in technology that will drive increased security and an unprecedented user experience across both existing and new markets.”
From HID Global’s perspective, the trends unfolding during 2013 that will impact market direction and influence how organizations will create, use manage secure identities include:
- Users want to move towards a more “frictionless” security experience.
- Mobileaccess control will accelerate and dramatically change the industry.
- NFC-enabled smartphones will still co-exist with cards for opening doors and other applications.
- Access control will continue to converge on cards and NFC-enabled mobile devices.
- The industry will accelerate its migration from magstripe to prox to smarter smart cards.
- Identity management will move to the cloud, supported by new managed services.
- Secure issuance advancements will make it easier to create and distribute more secure cards.
- A new category of trusted NFC tags will change how we secure assets and protect consumers.
- Highly secure FIPS-201 technology will move beyond the government to commercial applications.
- Access control systems will increasingly feature integrated visitor management capabilities.