Nexia Home can be implemented all at once or in phases, and the products are bundled in different packages.
The homeowner decides which products are to be deployed. The Nexia system is scalable so it can be easily enhanced or reconfigured at any time.
Some features possible for the home or rental property include:
- Unlocking a door for a guest when you’re at the office or running an errand.
- Assigning housekeepers or babysitters scheduled lock codes for one-time or limited recurring access.
- Sending text or email alerts when situations at home need your attention, such as a sudden temperature change or other unexpected events.
- Using wireless cameras to view what’s going on when you’re away.
- Triggering the lights to turn on when a door is unlocked.
- Easily setting schedules to activate lights and manage temperatures for maximum energy efficiency. Scheduling lighting or thermostat scenes like “After work” or “Renters just left” is like putting your home on automatic reset.
The new NexiaHome account setup process enables the end-user to customize the entire experience based on needs. The online setup process is enhanced with how-to and set-up instructions, step-by-step videos, FAQs, helpful tips and detailed troubleshooting assistance. Homeowners can now perform various video monitoring functions from their mobile devices, including recording home video, downloading recorded video or watching recorded video.
New features currently available to subscribers include:
- Video storage capability allows homeowners to record live video in their home, trigger recording based on specified parameters and works with their existing Schlage camera.
- Sensor scheduling for windows and doors can be activated during nighttime hours for extra security, and can eliminate unnecessary daytime alerts. Sensors identify whether a door or window is opened or closed.
- New user interface design now features an easily accessible dashboard and omnipresent device navigation.
- Dedicated Android App for Android tablets.
- Enhanced subscriber community provides an immediate resource to network expertise.
- Whole-home energy monitoring that allows homeowners to control their energy output and resulting costs through a relationship with Powerhouse Dynamics
- Astronomical clock that enables homeowners to adjust lighting and shades based on sunrise and sunset times, and helps homeowners meet energy management needs.
The Nexia Home Intelligence System brings the smart home to life through strategic industry relationships with Lennar Homes; Powerhouse Dynamics eMonitor™: Pella: Verizon’s Home Monitoring and Control Service; Lowe’s smart home system, Iris™, and Trane ComfortLink™ II Control thermostat controls.
Related products include:
Schlage® Home Motion Sensor: The new Schlage Home Motion Sensor can send a text alert when motion is detected to alert the customer that there are situations at home need attention. It can be synced with other products through Nexia to turn on a light or trigger a recording through a camera when motion is detected.
Schlage® Home Door/Window Sensor: Schlage Wireless Home Door/Window Sensors into their Nexia System to monitor activities while they are away. Adding a Schlage Home Door/Window Sensor will enable them to confirm if doors and windows are opened or closed and receive text alerts when opened.
For more information on Schlage Nexia products, visit www.schlage.com.