The transponder based anti-theft (engine immobilizer) system was introduced into the North American market for the 1996 model year. Today in 2012, two manufacturers supply the majority of transponder technology for the North American market: Texas Instruments and Phillips. Texas Instruments fixed...
To access the remainder of this piece of premium content, you must be registered with Locksmith Ledger. Already have an account? Login
Register in seconds by connecting with your preferred Social Network.
Complete the registration form.
- Advanced Diagnostics: www.adusa.us
- Bianchi USA, Inc.: www.bianchi1770usa.com
- HATA Inc.: www.hatainc.com
- Jet Hardware Manufacturing Corp.: www.jetkeys.com
- JMA USA: www.jmausa.com
- Kaba Ilco Corp: www.kaba-ilco.com
- KeylessRide: www.keylessride.com/locksmiths
- STRATTEC Security Corp.: http://aftermarket.strattec.com.
To read additional Locksmith Ledger articles on transponder programming, visit http://tinyurl.com/transponder912.
Ford, Lincoln and Mercury have introduced their 80 bit transponder technology for a number of their 2011 model vehicles. The 80 bit technology expands the operational capabilities while increasing the...
Transponder programming for late model vehicles is not always easy. Programming information has usually not been made available on some of the newer models. This problem is not specific to...