- #47211-U – Standard 2-Door / 1-Room Normally Unlocked
- #47211-L – 2-Door / 1-Room Normally Locked
- #47321-LU/S – 3-Door / 2-Room1-Normally Locked & 2-Normally Unlocked with 1-Shared Door
- #47431-U/2S – 4-Door / 3-Room Normally Unlocked with 2-Shared Doors
The 4900 series door interlock controller can provide power and control for up to 128 doors. The PLC logic allows only one door, in any defined area, to be unsecured at a time. Simultaneous requests for access or requests for access while another door is unsecured are denied to maintain the highest level of control.
Suitable for air locks or security mantraps, this door interlock system will effectively control normally unlocked doors, normally locked doors or any combination of both. The controller may also be customized to control automatic door openers and provide timing and logic sequences for biological wash-down and air purging controls.
Fail-safe or Fail-secure Locks: Lock control relays with DPDT outputs allow use of 12 or 24 volt DC fail-safe maglocks and fail-secure electric strikes. Both types can be used simultaneously on the same doors.
Access Control Compatible: Any access control system can be used with the 4900 series controllers. The request for access input recognizes any normally open dry contact.
Optional 12/24 VDC Lock Power: While the PLC controller requires regulated 12 or 24 VDC input, the integral 4204 power supply also provides ample 12 or 24 VDC output to operate maglocks and/or strikes for each of the doors. The heavy duty power supply is ready for hook-up to the fire alarm system. An alarm output is also provided for monitoring the control system.
Traffic Control Indicators: The DPDT relay outputs can be used to control lighted door status indicators, providing visual feedback as to when a door may be accessed. For user convenience, a green light typically signifies that a door is ready for access and a red light indicates that a door is un-accessible. Dortronics #7201xL2-H hi-intensity LEDs are ideal for use with this system.
Typical configurations are:
- #4900-PLC - Programmable controller capable of interfacing with up to sixteen I/O modules for a total capacity of 128-Inputs and 128-Outputs
- #4900-I/O Module - Eight digital Optically isolated inputs accept dry contact signals from door status switches and request-for-access devices such as push buttons or card access
- systems. Four DPDT relay outputs provide control for maglocks, strikes, traffic lights or other low voltage devices.
- The #4900-I/O module has additional capability providing digital outputs which may be utilized for up to four more relays controlled by the PLC
- Enclosure- 12” x 16” x 4” deep
- NEMA enclosure will accommodate PLC controller & one I/O module with power supply. Additional modules require larger enclosures.
- PLC Module - 6-1/8” x 3-3/8” overall
- I/O Module - 10’ x 3” overall
- Electrical - AC Input - Fused 110 VAC
- DC Output - 4 amp field selectable 12 or 24 VDC
- Inputs - Door Status (Dry contact closed when is door secure)
- Request for Access (Dry contact normally open)
- Relay Outputs - DPDT Contacts rated 3 Amps @ 28 VDC for each door (Magnetic lock or strike & LED traffic indicators for each door. One common on each relay is fused.
For more information, visit www.dortronics.com.