- Self Contained Access Control
- 3 Programmable Outputs
- Up to 500 User Codes
- Easy to install and operate
- Laser Marked Keypad Graphics
- Lower Cost Self Contained Design
- Weatherproof -40°C to +70°C
- Waterproof in 100 percent Relative Humidity
For more information, visit www.keyless.com.
When the job required a PoE (power over Ethernet) switch for the eIDC access controllers, I knew where to look after my IP camera installation last summer which utilized PoE switches.
For that project, several exterior pole mounted wireless IP cameras were installed, and we used Trendnet switches on each pole to interface the camera with the wireless bridge. The system has worked flawlessly, so I specified the same Trendnet switch for this job.
The Trendnet TPE-S44 8-Port Smart Switch integrates Power over Ethernet (PoE) and network management features into a cost-effective and scalable solution. The TPE-S44 reduces equipment cost by delivering data and power over existing network cable infrastructure.
- IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) Standard Compliant
- 8 x 10/100Mbps Auto-Negotiation and Auto-MDIX Fast Ethernet RJ45 Ports
- Built-in 4 PoE Ports (Port 1 ~ Port 4)
- Supports PoE Power Maximum 15.4 watts for each POE port
- Supports PoE Powered Device (PD) classification identify
- Full Wire-Speed Non-Blocking Reception and Transmission
- Store and Forward Switching Method
- 96Kbytes RAM Data Buffer and 1K entries MAC Address Table
- Extensive Diagnostic LED´s on the Front Panel
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control for Full-Duplex Mode; Back Pressure Flow Control for Half-Duplex Mode
- Three-year limited warranty
For more information, visit www.trendnet.com.
APC Backup Power Supply
The client mentioned that lightning and power surges were pretty common occurrences at their location.
I got an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) from my distributor when I ordered all the other components for the project, but didn’t pay much attention to what I was getting. They’re all alike, right? NOT.
A couple of weeks after we had finished the project, the client called and said they had experienced a power failure after a thunder storm, and the UPS beeped and failed to power the equipment. He wanted to know why. I went to the site and verified that the UPS was not powering the system when line voltage was removed.
It took three phone calls over several days to reach the manufacturer’s tech support, and I couldn’t understand the technician, nor could he understand me.
First he wanted me to send it back, and then he said it was a firmware problem. I called my distributor, and said never send me one of those again.
Then I ordered an APC to replace the one with the firmware issues. I installed the APC and all is well.
With all the work that went into selling this project, then installing it, then commissioning it, it was extra aggravating to have a problem with the UPS.
The client’s network and PCs (supplied by others) were running on APC UPS units, and I wished I had used better judgment and ordered an APC in the first place.
The Back-UPS family offers guaranteed power protection for wireless networks, computers, gaming consoles and other electronics in your home or business. Models supply battery backup during outages and unsafe voltage fluctuations, as well as provide protection from damaging surges and spikes.
They’re available in ‘tower’ or ‘floor’ styles, and together with a variety of standard features, they are the perfect choice to protect your data and keep you connected.
“Battery Backup & Surge” Outlets keep CPU, monitor and another critical device running when the power goes out or fluctuates outside safe levels.
“Surge Only” Outlets protect printers, faxes or other equipment without reducing battery capacity (including three power-saving “Controlled” outlets on the BE750G).
PowerChute Software lets you use your computer to access additional power protection and management features:
- Preserves your work, shuts down system during outages
- Restarts your system, minimizing work disruptions
- Enables customization of your Back-UPS settings
- Monitors and displays power and battery status
For more information on APC backup power devices, visit www.apc.com.