Our controllers were connected to a switch, and the switch connected to a wireless gateway. Even in a less than ideal network environment, the Infinias controllers communicated flawlessly with the host PC
The eIDC has three outputs (2-OC, 1-Relay), four inputs, support for two card readers and plenty of I/O available. It supports 64,000 cards, 16,000 cached events, web mode for single-door use and the ability to monitor a second or third door.
Our application involved one reader per controller, and we required a single dry contact output to activate the gate operator.
The eIDC can be powered directly with a 24V DC 1A power supply, with Midspans power injectors or a POE switch. We used a PoE switch.
Infinias hardware products come with a two-year warranty.
Features of the The Intelli-M® eIDC include:
- PoE (Power over Ethernet) carries both data and power for the controller and peripheral door hardware
- Peer-to-Peer Communication keeps data flowing even if a server connection is interrupted
- 100% Distributed Intelligence
- Small Form Factor makes installation in tight spaces easy
- 3-State Alarm Monitoring for Normally Open, Normally Closed, and Trouble (either cut or short)
- 16,000 Local Event Buffering
- 2 Reader Ports support proximity readers with or without keypads, or any logic device (such as an Egress Button or REX Device) that provides a combination of control of both entrance and exit for a single door
- Supports DHCP and Static IP addresses
- AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) 128-bit Encryption
- Embedded Web Server provides complete control of the device without the need for a server for stand-alone doors
- Integrated, non-mechanical, infrared tamper sensor for high reliability and precision
- Built-in warning buzzer provides a local alarm without requiring an external alarm device
For more information, visit www.infinias.com.
Essex SKE-34S Keypad
For this project, the client added a last-minute requirement for a keypad to operate a vehicle barrier gate. Since it would be outdoors, the SKE-34S was my first choice. The Essex SKE-34S is a versatile keypad we use whenever a standalone keypad is specified. It is watertight and has no moving parts.
The SKE-34 is a heavy duty, self contained Access Control Keypad with features suitable for most residential, small commercial and harsh industrial access control applications. The SKE 34 has an integral 2A relay on board and may be powered from 5VDC, or 12 to 24VDC.
The SKE 34 has Stainless Steel construction and proprietary Piezoelectric Billion Cycle Switch Technology™ for performance in any environment (heat, rain, snow, ice -up to 3/8”). The SKE-34 is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Programmable through the keypad, the SKE-34 features 502 codes (1 Master, 500 User and 1 Temporary) and three Programmable Outputs (1 SPDT Relay rated at 2A at 24V max, and 2 Open Collector 1/4A max to ground). The SKE-34 can be used to control a fail-safe or fail secure electric locking device or anything else that is controlled by a switch. So you can control three different devices with individual PIN codes.
It can also be used to control a garage door or electric gate. Two 1/4A grounding outputs are available which can drive a relay (separate relays required) to open a second door, trigger a CCTV camera or doorbell, or control an auxiliary device.
The SKE-34 is available with a Stainless Steel Bezel (SKE-34S), Brass Finished Bezel (SKE-34B), Black Bezel(SKE-34K) or keypad with no bezel (SKE-34X).
For door frame mounts, the SKE-26 is a narrow, mullion mount self contained keypad with similar features to the SKE 34, only it is available with an illuminated keypad.
I was concerned that end-users might have difficulty entering the entry codes at night, since the keypad would be in darkness, so I installed an Essex SH-34SI-12 Illuminated Spy Proof Housing. It is a LED illuminated hood perfect for the application.
The SH-34SI-12 operates at 12 vDC and draws 40ma. Essex also has a 5 Volt version and an unlit version. The SH-34SI-12 looks great and does the job of providing a spyproof shield, protection from rain, and excellent light on the keypad.
Essex SKE-34S features include: