Initially, a customer needed credential-based security for a single front door, but this customer knew that relocating and expanding the operation was imminent. The Schlage CM Series of standalone units and the iButton credential presented the features this customer wanted. To begin with, it was...
To access the remainder of this piece of premium content, you must be registered with Locksmith Ledger. Already have an account? Login
Register in seconds by connecting with your preferred Social Network.
Complete the registration form.
The modular CM locking systems manage up to 1,000 users and also provide audit trails for the last 1,000 events at each door where a CM lock is installed. Users have many of the benefits of an online system without the expense of installing network and power wiring
The LockLink 7.0 Software application lets users seamlessly manage both offline and online access control solutions available from IR Security & Safety.
LockLink and LockLink Express provide easy addition and deletion of users, determine which users can have access to specific doors at specific times throughout the day, and download recorded audit events of who has been through the door and when.
The system operator can easily control both users and access points based on time of day, day of week, credential needed and/or period of time.
IR Security & Safety advises that low security openings in an existing structure are best equipped with offline, battery-powered locksets as an appropriate access control solution. High security, perimeter, or high traffic openings are best equipped with online, hard-wired access control solutions, and LockLink 7.0 supports both.
In addition to managing the variety of offline and online products available from IR Security & Safety, LockLink 7.0 also manages a variety of credentials including hand geometry (biometric), HID proximity, magnetic stripe card and iButton. Access level may be tailored to credential-only, credential with PIN, or PIN only. With CM locking systems, these different credential types can be used within the facility. The best or most cost effective/convenient type of front-end solution can be selected for each opening without adding complexity to the system.
With a laptop or PDA, the administrator can download programming information within seconds from LockLink or LockLink Express to the opening.
With its client/server architecture, LockLink 7.0 lets various workstations across a facility to participate in the management and administration of the system.
- Can maintain up to 1,000 users per locks
- Stores the last 1,000 events at each lock
- Credentials can be programmed to perform a variety of functions:
- Momentary access
- Maintained or “toggled” access
- Pass thru or “VIP” access
- One-time use for visitors, or contract maintenance workers
CM Time Functionality Features:
- Time Zones limit the hours and days a user can access assigned doors, preventing unauthorized or unwanted personnel in a facility or area at off-hours.
- Override Periods restrict access during periods such as holidays, shutdowns or vacations.
- Auto Unlocking and Relocking allows weekly repeating, automatic locking and unlocking of access doors.
- First Person In requires that an authorized credential be presented prior to an auto unlock, so a facility does not open during inclement weather, etc., with no one present.
- Time Activation and Deactivation means credentials can be programmed to start and stop working by date and time.
CM Installation/Physical Security Features
- Electronics on secure side of door
- Credential reader and keypad models available with linked access – credential + PIN – for higher security applications
- Emergency key override with optional audit trail
- Auto-card update feature on magnetic stripe card reader models – disables lost or stolen card when the reissued card is presented at the lock
Locknetics CT1000 and CT500 Universal Controllers
Provide access control solutions for doors secured with electrified locking devices such as electrified trim, electric strikes and electromagnetic locks. These controllers are managed by LockLink® and LockLink® Express software, so the same software that programs CT1000 and CT500 Universal controllers can also manage door and perimeter access trim locking systems. This allows management of multiple opening types and facilities under one system.
Universal controllers are standalone, hardwired access controllers that can operate on 12/24 VAC/VDC. HID proximity, magnetic stripe cards, iButtons and PIN codes with linked access (prox + PIN, mag + PIN, iButton + PIN) are supported by the controller.
Again, since no network wiring is required, installation is quick and easy
A small high-tech software firm had leased a new space and they needed to get things secured. They wanted their security put into place quickly so as to minimize losses, but also stipulated that the...
The most challenging part of designing and selling access controls systems is custom fitting systems to each client’s precise requirements.
KC5000-2 Locks are designed for cylindrical and mortise door preps and can be used on any door where electronic access control is desired. They provide an easy upgrade from a mechanical pushbutton...