If you’re going to go into the alarm business, it is going to take commitment -- the commitment to get licenses; lining up a central station, advertising, etc. You will also need to select the equipment you wish to offer your clients. You’ll probably try out panels until you find ones...
To access the remainder of this piece of premium content, you must be registered with Locksmith Ledger. Already have an account? Login
Register in seconds by connecting with your preferred Social Network.
Complete the registration form.
If the system is armed in the AWAY mode, the F-TP touchpad PIR will prevent an intruder from approaching the deadbolt from inside the premises. If an intruder is detected by the built-in PIR, the system must be disarmed using the F-IFOB digital key.
The F-TAB deadbolt sensor, which is installed in the deadbolt strike hole, senses locking or unlocking, and sends this information to the F- TP touch pad microprocessor. The adaptive inductive F-TAB deadbolt sensor has no moving parts to break or wear out and self calibrates to compensate for aging of the deadbolt and the door and frame in which it is installed.
By allowing this level of system control without traditional numeric keypad interaction, the Freedom Touchpad System will provide a significant reduction in false alarms due to user error and also provide comfortable use of the system to those customers who might feel uneasy arming and disarming the system using a traditional keypad.
The Freedom system also supervises all deadbolts in the system, providing constant deadbolt status on the touchpad. This sophisticated feature, usually reserved for high-end systems, makes it impossible for the user to arm the system without first locking all deadbolts.
The NAPCO Freedom F-8 control panel is designed to work in conjunction with the Freedom F-8 Touchpad, comprising the deadbolt-activated security system. The system provides a maximum of 8 zones, with Zone 1 (the door sensor) and Zone 2 (the integral PIR) monitored by the Touchpad.
Zones 3 through 6 may be hardwired zones connected directly to the control panel or wireless devices reporting to an external (optional) GEM-RECV-XP8 receiver.
Zones 7 and 8 may be supported by an optional second touchpad (magnetic door contact and PIR), protecting a second exit/entry door, or be additional wireless devices.
The system supports a maximum of two touch pads, which may include the following models:
F-TP/TAB wireless touchpad (included in F-8K1T1)
F-TPG garage touchpad
F-TPBR bedroom touchpad
F-TP/TAB-H hardwired touchpad.
In cases where the wireless F-TP/TAB touchpad is used, a second door may be supported with the use of the F-2D second door kit, which will transmit magnetic door contact and deadbolt status into the primary Touchpad. If two wireless Touchpads are used, a maximum of four deadbolts may be protected.
The system may be programmed through the F-PROG programming tool (optional), or the PCD-Windows downloading software, version 52 or higher.
For more information, visit http://www.napcosecurity.com/
The high capacity, feature-rich Honeywell VISTA-20P lets you deliver up to 48 zones of protection, graphic keypad support and dual partitions to your customers. The panel’s installation advantages, innovative end-user benefits and robust system capacity make the value-priced VISTA-20P an ideal choice even for higher end installations.
- Eight on-board hardwire zones standard (15 when Zone Doubling feature is used). Expandable to 48 total zones when used with hardwired and/or wireless expansion modules
- Supports 6270 and 8132 graphic touchscreen keypads
- Wireless keys can be programmed without using zones
- 16 output devices
- Relays (Model 4204 Relay Modules, or 4229 Expansion Module), and/or
- X-10® devices (when used with a 4300 Transformer)
- Two low current on-board trigger outputs
- 100 Event Log viewable at system keypads with time/date stamp
- 48 system user codes assignable to either partition
- Two independent partitions plus a common partition
-Global Arming from any system keypad
- Go to function to view or operate one partition from the other
- Separate partition account numbers
- Four installer configurable zone types allows the installer to create custom zone types by assigning all zone attributes
- Multiple actions on output devices depending on system “state”
- Turns lights off when system arms
- Turns the same light on when system disarms
- Flashes same lights when system is in alarm
- Built-in phone line cut monitor with programmable delay and annunciation options
- Display on system keypads
- Trigger local sounders
- Trigger system bell
- Supports four-wire, and up to 16 two-wire smokes
- Works with Sentrol CleanMe maintenance signal
Arm this system by pushing a button and disarm it by unlocking the deadbolt.
Schlage Wireless For over five years, Schlage has been providing proven wireless access solutions to retrofit applications and new construction. With 128-bit encryption on every transmission...
NAPCO FREEDOM is of special interest to locksmiths because of its unique adaptation of the deadbolt into the system’s operation and security.