I was asked to perform a site survey for a friend who is a security dealer in an adjoining town. He was a little nervous about the project because the system was for a preschool situated in a church basement, and the project would involve specifying panic bars, system integration, locking hardware...
To access the remainder of this piece of premium content, you must be registered with Locksmith Ledger. Already have an account? Login
Register in seconds by connecting with your preferred Social Network.
Complete the registration form.
KNOX-BOX® key boxes have been providing firefighters with safe and secure emergency access since 1975. Nationwide, more than 9,000 fire departments depend on the KNOX-BOX Rapid Entry System to access commercial and residential properties when responding to fire alarms or medical emergencies.
The leading high security, heavy-duty key box is used for most commercial applications including businesses, schools, government and public buildings, and community associations. 3200 Series Knox-Box key boxes, with lift-off or hinged doors, hold keys, access cards and small entry items.
KNOX-BOX key boxes are mounted on service area buildings to secure entrance keys. Service personnel can quickly unlock the Knox-Box with their master key, remove the facility key and enter the building. Using the Knox System reduces the possibility of key loss and the resulting need to rekey – a costly and time consuming process.
The Knox-Box itself is a high security key vault that is UL listed against physical attack. All Knox-Boxes in your system can be keyed to the same unique master key that operates a high security Medeco lock. For those companies that have moved to electronic or IT-based security access control programs, the Knox System enhances the effectiveness. Benefits include:
- Immediate building entry day or night
- Access to all properties with one master key
- Time-saving response to false alarms
- Safe entry without force or injury to firefighters
Knox® rapid entry devices are purchased by property owners or locksmiths and resold to the end-user along with professional installation. There is no cost to the fire department.
All sites within a jurisdiction are set up with one Knox Master Key, and are therefore are immediately accessible.
For more information, call 800-552-5669 or visit the web site www.knoxbox.com.
AIPHONE AX Series Intercom System
The AIPHONE AX Series can be used to solve a variety of security integration issues. The AX series offers seamless integration into existing security components including: CCTV, electronic access control and PBX systems. The AX Series supports up to eight master stations and 120 door stations, all wired on CAT-5e cable. The AX system is PC programmable.
The master stations include a 3-1/2” color TFT LCD while the system utilizes open voice communication with both Push-to-Talk and VOX communication over two talk channels.
- Call Transfer,
- Priority call-in
- Private communication
- Selective contacts for door release
- Outside telephone line answering
- Scan monitoring
- Selective and all call
- Components connected using CAT-5e wiring
- Maximum 8 masters, 120 remotes stations
- Up to 980 feet per wire run
- Mullion mounted audio only door station
- Video Door stations with HID embedded prox card readers
- PTT or VOX operation at master, hands-free at doors
- Two talk channels
- Master-to-master calling
- Masters available with 3-1/2” color TFT LCD
- Composite video output from CEU and Master Station
- Priority call-in
- Communication privacy
- Electronic access control integration via RS-232
- CCTV system integration via RS-232
- CO Line Interface using Viking K-1900-5
- Selective door release
- Access Control System Interface
- PC based programming and event logging
- Rack mount (19”, 2U) or wall mount CEU
- Selective Call priority feature
- Compatible with IE Series door stations
- Scan Monitoring of door stations with programmed time
- Footswitch operation of TALK switch
- Computer style headset can be connected to master for communication
HID® ProxPoint® Plus embedded audio-video door stations are available for an all-in-one solution.
For more information on Aiphone products, call 800-6923-0200 or visit www.aiphone.com.
TRINE 4800 & 4801 Electric Strikes For Rim Panic Devices
Trine #4800 & 4801 electric strikes are ideal for new and retrofit installations requiring the remote or automated unlocking of doors equipped with rim panic hardware. Totally surface mounted, and stainless steel, these units are simple to install, highly secure and built to last.
Two models are offered: 4800 for standard surface-mount applications and 4801 for square bolt surface mount applications.
Because no cut is required in the jamb, surface-mounted electric strikes have become a viable choice.
A roundup of many of the products that will be on display July 13-15 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.