King Cobra locks have already been providing locksmiths with innovative solutions for customers whose security requirements demand better security and greater flexibility than mechanical keypads and keys can provide. The King Cobra initially supported pin codes, iButton access or a...
To access the remainder of this piece of premium content, you must be registered with Locksmith Ledger. Already have an account? Login
Register in seconds by connecting with your preferred Social Network.
Complete the registration form.
Option 1: Manual Keypad
- A few doors
- A few users
- Infrequent addition/deletions
Option 2: SNAP Programming
- Many doors
- Many users
- Frequent addition/deletions
Option 3: Express Software Programming
- Required for time zones
KC5000-2 Locks are designed for cylindrical and mortise door preps and can be used in any facility, on any door where electronic access control is desired to simplify key control and increase the level of security. These locks are a good solution for applications such as hospitals, education, multi-family, property management, airports and government.
KC2 provides a great security, convenience and performance upgrade from a reliance on mechanical keys or mechanical pushbutton locks.
KC2 Office Function Locks provide a convenient lock/unlock button on the inside of the door, allowing credential-free passage during the day, and credential-only access during the night, keeping the office secure.
KC9000-2 Locks are designed for use with aluminum doors that rely on various latches and exit devices to secure the opening. They provide a performance upgrade from a reliance on mechanical keys or mechanical pushbutton locks. These narrow stile door solutions can be used in any facility, on any door where electronic access control is desired to simplify key control and increase the level of security, making the locks a good solution for retail storefronts, restaurants, multifamily entrances and commercial office space. Secure the front entrance and interior rooms by combining with KC5000 locks.
Along with all the new features of a KCR-2 lock, the KCR-2 includes a special backplate, allowing an easy upgrade from an Ilco 1000 mechanical pushbutton lock to a fully-featured electronic access control solution.
All King Cobra locks provide an easy upward migration path away from a reliance on mechanical keys to maintain building security and access control.
Once the integrity of the mechanical key system has been reestablished, locks with pin codes or electronic credentials can be used to maintain ongoing control of who has access to where and when.
• Number of Users: 1000
• Number of Audits: 1000
• SNAP Compatible
• Battery Life: Cycles: 80,000 cycles or 3 years, 4 AA Batteries
• Lever Mechanism: Vandlgard® clutching mechanism. Levers operate independently.
• Environmental Performance: -20°F (-28°C) to +130°F (54°C)
• Warranty: 1 Year
• Latch Types: Cylindrical Latchbolt, Mortise Latchbolt, Mortise, AutoBolt
• Lock Prep: - Cylindrical: Standard ANSI 161 cylindrical prep for 1-3/4” doors. 1-1/2” to 2” field adjustable. 1-3/8” with shim kit.
• Mortise: ANSI Standard Mortise Lock Prep with 2-3/4”nominal backset for 1-3/4” doors. Adjustable from 1-7/8” to 2-3/4” in 1/8” increments.
• Cylinder: Solid brass 6-pin mortise cylinder with Schlage Everest® C123 keyway keyed different with two 6-pin nickel silver keys. Accommodates most mortise cylinders with a compatible Schlage straight cam.
• 1-1/8” mortise cylinder (1-1/4” with blocking ring)
• Handing: Field Reversible levers
• Screws: High security spanner screws on inside escutcheon. No exposed screws on exterior escutcheon.
• Chassis: Patented heavy duty zinc die cast
• Cylindrical Backset: 2-3/4” standard (2-3/8” option available)
• Cylindrical Latchbolt: 1/2” Standard (3/4” option available)
• Mortise Deadbolts (where applicable): Stainless Steel 1” throw, 1-5/8” high, 5/8” thick
• EMI/RFI: Not impacted
• Buttons: 12 buttons, stainless steel/zinc
• Indicator Lights: Red and Green. Indicates activation, system status, errors and low power
• ANSI Standards: In testing for BHMA Grade 1 Deadlatch, Deadbolt and Hookbolt Applications Solutions
• SNAP Programmable
• Supervised Use (2-man rule) – requires two codes/credentials to gain access.
• One-time use – code is set up for one use, then becomes invalid. Great for deliveries or service technicians
• Freeze/Lock-out – permanently locks keypad until lock-out code is re-entered. Keypad can still be used for programming
• Toggle mode – unlocks the lock indefinitely (passage)
• Pass through mode – allow access during lock-out mode
• Normal use (Default) – Momentarily unlocks for relock delay
Standalone access control systems are perhaps the fastest growing market segment in access control. They require minimal installation labor and offer a growing list of features that the majority or...
A small high-tech software firm had leased a new space and they needed to get things secured. They wanted their security put into place quickly so as to minimize losses, but also stipulated that the...