In a fire or other emergency situation, a large number of people may need to exit a room or area quickly. A large group of people funneled into a hallway may count on one door to allow them an immediate exit from the building. Obviously a doorknob and deadbolt is not the best hardware to handle this...
To access the remainder of this piece of premium content, you must be registered with Locksmith Ledger. Already have an account? Login
Register in seconds by connecting with your preferred Social Network.
Complete the registration form.
For information, visit www.commandaccess.com.
The 9000 Series exit devices from DORMA Architectural Hardware provide durability and added functionality to commercial and institutional doors.
The 9000 series exit device features a smooth, reduced projection that minimizes catch hazards. The device's partial length touchbar permits field installation of options such as cylinder dogging and exit alarms. For information, visit www.dorma-usa.com.
As a part of the LiteGuide™ egress lighting system from ASSA ABLOY, Corbin Russwin introduces PathLite™, the photoluminescent touchpad cover option for the ED4000 and ED5000 Series of Architectural Exit Devices.
The PathLite™ patent pending technology offers a number of benefits:
• Requires no wiring or maintenance
• Recharges with exposure to ambient light
• Unaffected by heat or cold
• Non-toxic, will not rub or fade
• Vandal resistant
• Fire resistant and non-radioactive
• Green contrasting word “EXIT” centered on touchbar in 1-1/2” high lettering
• Cost effective; especially suited for existing buildings
PathLite photoluminescent exit devices meet New York City 's newly adopted standards for requirement of photoluminescent signage and stairwell markings in all office buildings in excess of 75 feet in height.
For information, visit www.corbinrusswin.com.
Micromint, Inc. has developed a new automated panic bar (patent pending). for ingress/egress in commercial buildings. Battery life exceeds five years. It is self-contained, with no hardwiring, and can be installed in 15 minutes. Calendar software is included to program unlock & lock schedules. For information, visit www.micromintlock.com.
Von Duprin introduces the XP98/99 Rim Exit device. This revolutionary advancement, with its patented “smart latch bolt” design, raises both the security and safety capabilities for exit device openings. This unique design delivers the highest level of static load force resistance, an industry measurement for protection from abusive attack. These design advancements provide lower operational forces on both loaded and unloaded door conditions. This device is most valuable where door security has been compromised by pull-force attack or where door latching is weakened by deterioration frame conditions.
Other advantages include:
• XP function available in a Retro-fit kit for 98/99 device upgrades.
• Modern touchbar styling for heavy traffic applications.
• Designed for use on single or double doors with mullion.
• Fits doors with stile widths as narrow as 4”.
• Fluid damper that decelerates the pushpad on its return stroke eliminating most noise associated with exit device operation.
• Available in all finishes.
• Flush Mounted End Cap for aesthetic styling and robust reliability.
• Easy Upgrade for 98/99 Series Owners
For information, visit www.vonduprin.com.
Detex Corporation is introducing an innovative new design feature on its ECL-230 family of exit control locks. A steel paddle with luminescent, “glow-in-the-dark” text can be ordered in virtually any language.
Rugged and reliable, ECL-230 locks are in wide use on exit doors wherever life safety or loss prevention is critical, from retail stores to hotels to medical facilities. Now, the value of this hardware as a life safety device is enhanced by text that can be easily seen and read in the dark. And, with the added strength of steel, the ECL-230 paddle is more durable.