DETEX has a loss prevention solution for every door in any building. DETEX provides a comprehensive line of rugged, reliable loss prevention products, from the industry-standard ECL-230 Series to the architecturally designed Value Series, from weatherized hardware to their new delayed-egress panic...
To access the remainder of this piece of premium content, you must be registered with Locksmith Ledger. Already have an account? Login
Register in seconds by connecting with your preferred Social Network.
Complete the registration form.
All the Value Series bars use similar installation process, so learning a new model is an oblique lateral rather than a quantum leap. DETEX provides plastic templates, parts kits that are bagged and clearly identified, and detailed instructions to assist you in completing your installation in a timely fashion.
INSTALLATION MADE EASY
• Patented plastic template design for perfect alignment with door and frame without paper template
• Fast, easy, trouble-free installation
• Secure installation prevents costly mistakes and enhances security
• Excellent technical support. For technical support of any kind, call 800.729.3839 and press 2 to speak with a Customer Engineer.
• Stainless steel self-latching bolt
• Angled end cap to deflect damage
• Tamper-resistant housing protects electronics, battery and internal hardware, preventing manipulation
• Bright signage deters theft and reduces false alarms
• Cylinder dogging standard (can also be ordered less dogging)
• State of the art electronics for reliable security and instantaneous alarm
• Tamper-resistant security switching electronically monitors latch bolt
• Approximately 100 Decibel alarm
• Adjustable two-minute 2 re-arming feature for auto re-arm
• Visual and audible arming indicators
• Armed/Disarmed status indicator is field selectable
• Powered by standard, 9-volt battery
• Visual and audible low-battery alert
• Delayed arming feature for arming after door closed
• Auto re-arm for ensured protection
• Through-door mounting kit available - Parts #101616 & 101617
• Key stop option available so key can only be removed when armed - Part #101867
• Security screw kit available - Part #101869
• NS - Narrow stile door option. For use on full 36” and 48” wide doors with 2” stile. Specify 628 ( AL , aluminum) or 711 (BK, black anodized). 98 semi-mortise strike included.
• Glass bead kits available - Parts #101879 & #101873
• Remote signaling available (Specify when ordering)
• Outside key control available (Call for details)
• Other Value Series models to include weatherized, delayed egress, electric switching and electric integration devices
• Cylinder spacer required for 7-pin cylinder on inside key control (ECL-1595)
TO ARM: Rotate arming key counterclockwise 1/8 turn; LED will be GREEN for 15-20 seconds. GREEN LED turns off followed by three short sounder chirps at the end of delay, indicating unit is armed.
DIS-ARM: Rotate the arming key clockwise 1/8 turn. RED LED flashes twice every 30-45 seconds, alerting management that device is disarmed.
Exterior of anodized aluminum and damage and corrosion resistant ABS for years of heavy use
Stainless-steel, dead-latching bolt with a 3/4” throw
Dimensions: Two sizes - * 36” fits 34” to 36” doors; *48” fits 40” to 48” doors (*Optional mounting configurations available for other door widths - Consult Factory)
Length - 33” Height of cover - 8-1/2”
Profile from face of door - Undogged 3-1/4”, dogged 2-3/8”
Fits 2” narrow stile doors with Narrow Stile Door Kit (sold separately)
LOSS PREVENTION APPLICATIONS
To order the DETEX Value Series with: BATTERY POWERED EXIT ALARM (9-Volt Battery ) - specify V40xEB (Call for details of features and options)
Requires Mortise Cylinder; Standard Yale Cam (DETEX Mortise Cylinder part #102281-7 sold separately)
DETEX Value Series® Panic Hardware, when properly installed, used and maintained is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship. Detex will, for 10 years from the date of purchase, repair or replace any part which, upon our examination, proves to be defective under normal use. Electrical components, when properly installed, used and maintained, come with a three-year warranty, honored upon presentation of proof that the product was purchased directly from an authorized DETEX distributor.
For more information, contact your local locksmith distributor or Detex Corp. Telephone: 830-629-2900 or 800-729-2900. Web site: www.detex.com.