Viking Electronics has been providing its bag of tricks and tools to the telecommunications and security industries for many years. Their products are made in the U.S.A. and reflect as high a level of engineering and quality manufacturing as any I've used. Translation: They don't break and they...
To access the remainder of this piece of premium content, you must be registered with Locksmith Ledger. Already have an account? Login
Register in seconds by connecting with your preferred Social Network.
Complete the registration form.
The LDB-2 Ring/Loop Detector monitors an analog phone line for ringing or an in-use condition. A built-in relay can be activated when either of these conditions is detected. This is ideal for monitoring line status or for providing a visual indication of such.
When monitoring for ring, an internal pot can be adjusted to allow the relay closure to stay on steady, or follow standard ring cadence.
The LDB-2 comes complete with a 12 VDC power adapter, and can also provide 12V DC power through its auxiliary 12V DC output terminals.
• Control a strobe light for ring indication
• Provide relay closures on ring and off-hook
• Trigger a security camera
• Trigger a tape recorder
• Phone “In Use” indicator
• Detects ring voltage and loop connect
• Screw terminal connections
• Wall mountable with foam tape (included) or screws (not included)
• Auxiliary 12V DC output
• Adjustable time-out for relay closure
• Two sets of relay contacts provided
• Selectable NO (normally open) or NC (normally closed) relay contacts
• Limited one year warranty
Applications include vehicle entry gates and healthcare providers like managed care facilities.