The Securitron Lock Control Panel (LCP) is designed to operate any DC electric lock or strike that operates on 12 or 24VDC (Fail Safe or Fail Secure).Other electric locks can be accommodated by adding relays.
Each LCP Series panel is constructed of control zones supplied in multiples of four. A single multi-colored monitoring LED per zone displays four possible conditions of the lock:
Green shows that the zone is secure, and this may be driven from a door switch, lock status switch or the power status of the lock.
“Off” shows that the lock has been “legally” released from either the panel control switch or from a remote switch at the door. In this condition, the toggle switch itself illuminates yellow.
Red is the alarm condition showing that a lock which should be secure is not reporting secure. This condition is latching and is reset from a momentary switch once the zone has been re-secured. A Sonalert accompanies the red “violation” condition.
Orange shows that the zone has been re-secured and is ready for alarm reset. After reset, the indicator turns green again.
Securitron Zone Annunciation Panels (ZAP) are designed to monitor any normally closed (dry) contact or Door Position Switch (DPS) with a simple visual/audio indication. One illuminated red LED represents each contact (zone).
When the zone is violated, the red LED extinguishes and the built-in Piezo sounder is activated.
NOTE: This function is non-latching. As soon as the contact resets, the red LED will re-illuminate and the sounder will go silent.
Each ZAP panel is constructed to monitor four to 24 zones in four-zone increments.
Each panel is ideally suited to monitor multiple exit doors (using Securitron’s XDTs or iMXDs) or other doors/gates/devices beyond the visual or audible range of staff.
Operation is simple; there are no buttons or switches to push. These are typically located at a nurse’s station or central security station where an immediate indication of a zone violation needs to be annunciated.
Other Securitron products used on this job included EEB Emergency Exit Buttons, PB5 pushbuttons and the Integrated Movement Exit Delay with Advanced Technology (iMXDa).
iMXDa helps prevent peril to persons/patients and property loss/theft for businesses. Applications include dementia wards, hospitals, dormitories, airports, child care facilities and retail or warehouse environments.
Installation requires no alteration or replacement of existing fire-rated or Non-fire-rated latching hardware. False triggering is eliminated by up to 1” of authorized door movement.
For more information about Securitron products, contact your local locksmith distributor or visit www.securitron.com.
The power supply used on this project was the ALTRONIX AL300ULM Multi-output access control power supply/chargers specifically designed for use with access control systems and accessories.
These units convert a 115VAC / 60Hz input into five (5) individually protected Class 2 Rated power limited 12VDC or 24VDC outputs. Each output will route power to a variety of access control hardware devices including MagLocks, Electric Strikes, Magnetic Door Holders, etc.
These outputs will operate in both Fail-Safe and Fail-Secure modes.
Controlled trigger input is achieved through normally open (N.O.) or normally closed (N.C.) supervised input or the polarity reversal from an FACP (Fire Alarm Control Panel). A form “C” dry output relay enables
HVAC Shutdown, Elevator Recall or may be used to trigger auxiliary devices.
Altronix AL300ULM features include:
- 12VDC or 24VDC selectable output.
- 2.5 amp supply current.
- Five individual Class 2 Rated power limited outputs rated @ 2.5 amp.
- Current limit is 12VDC or 24VDC @ 2 amp per output.
- Input 115VAC / 60Hz, 1.45 amp.
- Input fuse rated @ 3.5 amp/250V.
- Fire Alarm Panel or Access Control System trigger inputs. N.O. or N.C. supervised trigger input and polarity reversal trigger input.
- Output relay energizes when unit is triggered (form “C” contact rated 1 amp @ 28VDC).
- Power fail supervision relay (form “C” contact rated 1 amp @ 28VDC).
- Filtered and electronically regulated output.
- Short circuit and thermal overload protection.
- Built-in charger for sealed lead acid or gel type batteries.
- Maximum charge current .7 amp.
- Automatic switch over to stand-by battery when AC fails (zero voltage drop).
- AC fail supervision (form “C” contacts).
- Low battery supervision (form “C” contacts).
- Battery presence supervision (form “C” contacts).
- AC input and DC output LED indicators (power supply board).
- Red LEDs indicate condition of power outputs (multi-output board).
- Power & input trigger LEDs (multi-output board).
In the security industry, we use the term “Black Box” to describe a specialized device which performs a unique or custom process. You would resort to a black box when no one manufactures what...