We found it extremely helpful to be able to reprogram the E-Plex from PIN entry to passage mode right from the keypad to relax the security on a door that had been previously considered a security barrier, but redefined by the LAHJ as a life safety concern. One less problem on the Punch list, and one less expense for the client.
The E-Plex uses a servo (motor to control its operation. When a command is entered into the keypad, (for example to go to Entry Function) a short electrical pulse is sent to the servo motor, engaging the lever so actuating the lever will unlock the door. Until the next command is entered, no further power is consumed which explains why these locks can run without battery reloads for such extended periods of time.
E-PLEX Features include:
- Electronic pushbutton lock eliminates problems and costs associated with issuing, controlling and collecting keys, and cards
- 100 access codes per door (upgrade to 300 via software); over 100 million possible code combinations (E-Plex 5000)
- The most recent 9,000 lock events are recorded in memory including use of the mechanical key override. Software is required to view audit events.
- Locks are programmed via keypad or with optional Microsoft Excel™ based software—simplifies management of doors and users as facility’s number of users and access points grow
- Non-handed, preassembled for left hand door installations— easily changed in the field
- Key Override: Key-in-lever cylinders, small format interchangeable cores, large format removable cores
- Customization Locks are easily customized on site via keypad to work as various BHMA lock functions eliminating the requirement to stock multiple locks to meet different applications.
- Built-in options include: entry, storeroom, privacy, and residence lock, (thumbturn required for privacy and residence functions)
The Altronix Model 6062 programmable timer is suitable for many functions that require a timed operation, e.g. access control applications.