- Momentary push button.
- 240 different combinations, one convenient package.
- Faceplate constructed of cast aluminum.
- Single gang plate slightly oversized to cover old plate installation marks.
- Standard or illuminated 24 volt white LED button.
- Two sets of Form "C" contacts.
- Three different lens covers - red, green or blue.
- Five inserts for the button itself - EXIT, PUSH, PUSH TO EXIT, handicap symbol or blank.
- Ten color coded message inserts in green, blue, yellow or white.
- Plate messages inscribed with EXIT, EMERGENCY or blanks (allowing for custom labels).
- UL Listed to U.S. and Canadian safety standards.
It comes with a lifetime guarantee against breakage of polycarbonate in normal use (one year on electromechanical & electronic components
The versatile STI-6500protective cover helps prevent theft and vandalism without restricting access to protected device. The strong, durable construction takes the toughest knocks while it guards against accidental or intentional physical damage. Local authorities having jurisdiction (LAHJs) have been accepting them for about 30 years so they’re a good bet to use.
STI-6500 consists of a clear, super tough polycarbonate cover and frame. This Mini Stopper polycarbonate protective cover is backed by a lifetime guarantee against breakage in normal use.
STI-6500 features include:
- Protects against vandalism and accidental damage
- Fast and easy installation
- Cover is molded from thick polycarbonate material
- Cover is UV-stabilized
- STI-6500 is for flush mount (Surface - STI-6505).
- Can be used over volume or lighting controls
- UL Listed to U.S. and Canadian safety standards
- MEA Approved
- CSFM obtain local permission (AHJ)
- Typical working properties of polycarbonate are -40° to 250°F (-40° to 121°C).
- Lifetime guarantee against breakage of polycarbonate in normal use.
- ADA Compliant
For more information, visit www.sti-usa.com.
We were using wiremold and surface mounting the pushbutton so we also specified the STI 6531 2" Conduit Spacer for Mini Stopper® This clear riser for use with Mini Stopper to provide additional 2" of depth for surface mounted pull stations or push buttons. It has conduit knock-outs for mounting around exposed conduit.
To help avoid confusion to the end-user, I will use a different type of switch to control different functions within a system - One switch for triggering an alarm, another for resetting the alarm, and in the case of my nursing home, another type for REX purposes.
Essex PEB Series Piezoelectric Access Switches
Essex PEB Series Piezoelectric Access Switches are illuminated, stainless steel, timed electronic switches designed to operate in various high use, harsh and vandal prone environments. I am able to perform a modification to them so that I can externally control the large Red and Green LED indicator that is part of the pushbutton.
Piezoelectric Switch technology and field selectable options include adjustable timed output and illumination feedback status.
- Cutting Edge Switch Technology
- Essex proprietary Piezoelectric Billion Cycle
- Switch Technology™
- Weather Resistant Design
- Circuit assembly encapsulation
- Vandal Resistant Construction
- Stainless Steel Faceplate and Button Cap
- Custom Graphics Available
- Engraved in Red or Laser Marked in Black
- Field Selectable Illumination
- Switch Activated or Externally Controlled
- Jumper Selectable: Red, Green or No Illumination for standby or active status
- Single gang: Mounts directly to a single
gang switchbox or optional mounting
back box (BAK BOX–SGS).
- Narrow: Mullion mount.
This product comes with a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. For more information, visit www.keyless.com.
- Power Requirements: 12 to 24VDC*
- Outputs: One N/O, One N/C 2A 30VDC Resistive, ½A 125VAC
- Jumper Selectable Relay (Normally ON or OFF) for fail safe or fail secure operation
- Relay Life Expectancy: 500,000 @ 1A 30VDC
- Adjustable Output Time: 1 to 40 seconds
- Current Draw: MIN<10 mA; MAX< 120mA
- Switch Operating Environment: - 40°F to + 160°F (- 40°C to + 70°C)
Single Gang: 4.5” H X 2 ¾” W X 1 1/4” D, weight 7.2 oz. (204 gm)
Narrow (Mullion):4.5” H X 1 ¾” W X 1 ¼” D, weight 5.1 oz. (145 gm)
The Altronix Model 6062 programmable timer is suitable for many functions that require a timed operation, e.g. access control applications.